Want to work?
The Local London Work and Health Programme offers tailored, community-based employment, health and wellbeing support across East and South East London.
It supports disabled people, those with a health condition, the long-term unemployed, and other disadvantaged groups to develop their skills and enter and progress in work.
What does the programme offer?
We can help you to:
- Improve your health and wellbeing
- Develop your work skills and gain experience
- Boost your confidence and do well at interview
- Find a job that’s right for you or explore self-employment
- Succeed and progress in your new job.
- Holistic, person-focused support, delivered in the community
- Health-qualified Key Workers who can support to those with complex disabilities and health needs - providing a balance of health, wellbeing and employment support
- Joined up working with existing local services such as health-care, counselling and debt advice
- Unrivalled employer relationships providing access to jobs, work trials and placements
- Extensive in-work support.
Who can get support?
You may be eligible if you are of working age, live in Barking and Dagenham, Bexley, Bromley, Enfield, Greenwich, Havering, Newham, Redbridge or Waltham Forest and are;
- Have a health condition or dependency on drugs or alcohol
- Unemployed for two years or more
- Veterans, reserves or partners of a member of the Armed Forces
- Offenders or ex-offenders
- Carers, ex-carers or care leavers
- Victims of domestic violence, homeless or refugees
- Young people involved in gangs.
About Local London
Local London is a sub-regional partnership of nine boroughs responsible for commissioning the UK Government’s Work and Health Programme in East and South East London. MAXIMUS is delivering the Local London Work and Health Programme with a range of local partners, including housing associations and local authorities. It is co-financed by the European Social Fund and the Department for Work and Pensions.
Want to know more?
Speak to your JobCentre Plus Work Coach, who will check if you are eligible before referring you for our support. View our Local London Work and Health Programme leaflet.